Mediterranean Bean Salad
- 1 cup fresh spinach -- chopped
- 1 medium tomato -- chopped
- 1/3 small onion -- chopped
- 1 whole bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, canned -- rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, canned -- rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Microwave corn, covered for 1 minute at high. Stir and let set for one minute covered. Drain.
- Rinse and chop spinach, tomato and bell pepper. chop onion and mince garlic. Rinse kidney beans and chickpeas in colander. Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Wisk oil, vinegar and pepper together in small bowl. Pour immediately over mixture and toss to coat. If possible, let mixture stand 1 hour in refrigerator to meld flavors.
Per serving: 357 Calories (kcal); 9g Total Fat; (21% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 664mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates