Greek Pasta Power Salad
- 4 ounces rotini -- multi-colored
- 1/2 small red onion -- chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber -- quartered and sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces chickpeas, canned -- rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato -- halved
- 3 jumbo olive, canned -- pitted and chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces fat-free Italian Parmesan salad dressing -- (or fatfree greek dressing)
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese -- crumbled
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Put pasta into a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes and olives and mix well.
- Pour in dressing and toss. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad and toss again.
- Refrigerate in 1 1/2 cup portions until you are ready to eat.
Per serving: 399 Calories (kcal); 7g Total Fat; (16% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 19mg Cholesterol; 880mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates