Rigatoni with Tomoatoes, White Beans and Zucchini
This Tuscan-style pasta dish is low in fat, tasty and easy to make.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini -- quartered and sliced
- 4 ounces canned tomatoes -- diced
- 4 ounces great northern beans -- rinsed and drained
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese -- grated
- 4 ounces rigatoni -- cooked
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, without letting garlic brown, 1 minute. Stir in zucchini and cook, stirring often until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juice,beans and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer until juices have slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 rigatoni to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer pasta to serving bowl. Add sauce and basil and top with Parmesan cheese. Toss, mix and serve hot.
Per serving: 476 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (10% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 85g Carbohydrate; 2mg Cholesterol; 146mg SodiumFood Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates