Cauliflower with Ginger, Garlic & Green Chiles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 1 medium cauliflower, head
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 hot chile peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Mince garlic and ginger. Leave chile peppers whole. Break cauliflower into bit sized pieces.
- Heat a wok, and add the oil. When oil is hot, add the cumin and mustard seeds, and stir. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the garlic, ginger, cauliflower and chillies.
- Stirfry for 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is lightly browned, adding a tiny drop of water if it begins to stick.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and chilli powder (if using). Mix well, add 4 tbsp water, cover and cook for 2 minutes until cauliflower is done to your liking.
Per serving: 76 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (23% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 241mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates