Baked Apples w/Honey Syrup
- 2 medium apples
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons fat free whipped topping -- optional
- Core apples, being careful not to cut through the bottom. Cut off 1/2 inch at the stem end.
- Combine raisins, honey, walnuts, cinnamon and cloves. Fill center of apples with this mixture.
- Place apples in an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan combine water, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and pour syrup over apples.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with syrup from pan.
- Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream if desired.
Per serving: 441 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (9% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 106g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 10mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 5 Other Carbohydrates