Apricot Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups oats, rolled (raw)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots -- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine -- melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix to blend. Turn the mixture out into a prepared pan (it will be thick), and smooth evenly.
- Bake until the center is firm and the edges are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 2 inch squares.
Per Serving: 101 Calories; 3g Fat (23.2% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.